Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: '64 410 Bluebird
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:17 pm 

I just picked up this 410 to have as a daily driver. It currently all original apart from the upgrade from the original E series 1200 to a J series 1300. I'm in two minds whether to work the J13 or go for an A14 swap. Here are some pics for now and I'll post more pics and info when I decide which way to go with it and start doing working on it. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed.

Alex

[ img ][ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:23 pm 

Looks clean as :)
Needs a sr20de or ca18de 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:22 am 
Old Digger

tweak the A14 or drop a hot a15 in i. It should go hard. Maybe brake upgrade? I dont' know what upgrade you can do though. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:37 am 

Nice car .... looks in great condition. Good paint and chrome. Any rust at all? Someone else was asking about putting disc brakes on one of these recently (I think). Not easy apparently. I notice you could hand crank these originally.... presumably not the upgraded engine? No idea about engines that suit this ...is an A series just a bolt-in? If so then that would seem the way to go. Also is it column shift? Intereseting that the wipers are the same as '68 1600... so you can see a direct lineage to the 510! :lol:

Sorry no answers only questions

Cheers, Neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:43 am 

Seen one of these competing in the winter classic rally last year and it went really well. Only thing wrong was it had more body roll than the Spirit of Tasmania during a storm! :)
http://www.winterrally.ballarat.net.au/gallery03.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:34 pm 

Was this the one for sale on Datsun1200.com?

I looks nice, it one of those cars that you wouldnt really want to modify but since it doesnt have the original motor that kind of gives you an excuse :lol:

A series looks like it should fit nicely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:58 pm 

Whoa, a lot of interest here, good to see!

Beattie-Z-: Yes, it was advertised for sale on datsun1200.com.

Neil: Yes, you can hand crank this engine over. It has the fitting on the bottom pulley and came with a crank handle too. The only samll sections of rust are in one corner of the bootlid and the bottom of one rear quarter panel. Its pretty minor though. Yes, its a 3 speed column shift and I have only ever come across one early 1600 with the wipers like this but you're right, they are the same.

MYDATO: Its got a J13 in it at the moment. I was trying to find some more info on the A series mounting wise into a 410. If its not much trouble and I can find a good A14/15, I might drop one of them in it.

Green 510: A CA18DET would be a nice conversion and engineerable as I could go up to a 1.8lt turbo legally. I'm pretty sure due to the weight that an SR20DE is out of the question in turbo'd form. Do you know of anyone who has done a CA18DET conversion into one of these or maybe a Datsun 1000? I would be interested in this sort of in this sort of info for future reference as I may go for something like that eventually.

Keep the comments, suggestions and info coming.

Thanks,

Alex