Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:02 pm 

i need to know the following things in order to help my friend get his stanza through regency.

what's the deal with getting a stanza through regency with an L20b?

what are regency like with previous shassis damage? i.e. there is some damage to the shassis bar on the front right of the car. it looks as if it's been curbed by the previous owner before. it's pushed in flat on one spot. the car drives straight at 110 no probs. but it is slightly apparent from behind, that the car is a fraction lower at the back right than the back left- i.e, the side with the upward compromise in the shassis.
it handles and steers fine though.

the brakes and the suspension are good.

there is a bit of rust in the boot of the car at the tail lights but it isnt very visible.

one of the reasons why the car was defected was because the steering wheel was a 240k steering wheel. :shock: wtf!? so that'll have to be changed back of course...

are there any other things we should be taking into consideration when approaching regency??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:25 pm 

clean the engine bay out off oil marks can help.
just a lilttle thing 2 consider on old cars as oil leaks are acturly a regency defect themself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:51 am 

oh you poor bugger!!
i have a mate who was trying to get his car through regency, he had to go back 4 times before he passed. he got done for some ridicules things. one of them was for chassis damage, they were big on that. i don't remember the details of the damage, but he had to get it repaired and rewelded. this was a newer car though (silvia), who knows, they mat be more lenient with older cars. depends on the guy you get down there.
sr_1600 is right, a clean engine bay will really help and generally just a tidy car.
Good luck
let us know how you go, i'd be interested to see how you go with an older car.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 pm 

chassis damage: u can understand with that it is a mojor part of the car,
it might take a few times to get through but oh well.
regency is there 4 a reason a good one at that. but yes i know they can be pricks from wat i hear but the niccer u r to them and the cleaner and well presented tha car is is prolly best

good luck with the car mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:44 am 

thanks.

it looks as if it's going to be a long and tedious process.
all of the hooks for the rubberbands that hold the exhaust to the underbody of the car have broken off, so the exhaust just sorta shakes around everywhere and is really loose(held up by wire). the hooks need to be rewelded or something, so this is probably going to be a pain since we dont have a welder.

we're swapping the engine for another L20b that has an A87 head. so that should be interesting... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:13 pm 

im sure u could take the car to a local exhaust shop aand they would weld the hangers on at a small charge. better be safe than sorry i say.(and while ur there get a fully sik chrome cannon :P jks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:35 pm 

Nah, don't do that then they'll get you for noise pollution :lol:

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:57 am 

the exhaust that came with a trashed mR30 i bought for spare parts had an exhaust with one of those chromed cannon mufflers at the tip, it looks like crap. freakin 'hero's exhaust! hahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:11 pm 

From talking to the guys at Regency before, I don't think the L20B will be a problem. Just make sure ALL of your emissions stuff is hooked up. They love emissions gear.

Be very nice & polite. I always find it helps to take a pen & paper. Write down anything they pick on - it shows you're listening and taking them seriously. Don't argue. Ever.

Bit of a story...

Neighbour used to work on buses. He had to take a bus to Regency, but didn't have time to fit all the seatbelts. They rocked up and were told they'd been assigned "Inspector X", and they were bound to fail. Inspector always picks on everything. Never passes a damn thing.

He picked on the belts. Neighbour didn't complain. Said "OK. We'll fix it up right away, and take it back as soon as we can. Anything else we need to work on?"

They were passed.