Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:29 pm 

Loose nuts can cause all sorts of problems Jeff :lol:

If you're talking about the nuts on the side of the shifter case being loose wouldn't cause selection issues, it would just not centre the gear lever when it was in nuetral. The detent (?) rods inside are different lengths, if they are in the wrong side you will have selection problems - probably so bad you'll be locked out of 1st and 2nd :oops:

Harry, people on "other" forums are waiting to hear about your new toy :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:48 pm 

Deane wrote:
Loose nuts can cause all sorts of problems Jeff :lol:
i didnt mean the driver :P
Deane wrote:
If you're talking about the nuts on the side of the shifter case being loose wouldn't cause selection issues
to quote the manual "return spring plugs" on the "select check plungers"

Deane wrote:
The detent (?) rods inside are different lengths, if they are in the wrong side you will have selection problems - probably so bad you'll be locked out of 1st and 2nd :oops:
the detent rods (or plungers) seem to be correct with the one with the extra groove being on the side with the spring which is the same is the other gearbox i have, so i assume that they are correct.

I was hoping the problem would be simple :cry:
mind you the bolts (spring plugs) had started to undo and one was about 5mm unwound so this might have allowed the shifter to come too far over, i could actually hear a metalic knock when selecting second or first.
I might have to crack her open in the end.

I have been trying to get my other gearbox open, but its a stubborn bugger, is there a trick to getting them apart ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:40 am 

datto-510 wrote:
yeah mate you get a beer glass with class winner engraved on it and the mt cotton logo, their quite nice (i gues it makes you a GLASS winner as well...hehe)

if you ran 46's on your first time you'll eventually run 45's or lower, trying hard always equals slow runs, i fall for it everytime :oops:
yeah, there's still lots of time left in this car. learning how to launch it better, hitting the apex in turn 1 would be nice too, and getting used to how early/hard you can pick up the throttle in the loops. Thee's probably close to 2 seconds left in it yet.

I normally go faster when I try harder, but tis car requires a bit more finnese than my previous cars witht he 230rwkw... last 2 runs may not have been fast, but they sure were fun! weren't wasted either - I still learnt stuff from them. I reckon I was faster in a couple of places on those runs and stuffed it up big time in others. waiting for the results and split times to find out if I'm right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:41 pm 

I've changed my mind. I reckon there's only tenths left to find in my car now after yesterday's hillclimb. Maybe another couple of tenths with some suspension tweaks - we'll see... Ran a 46.35, so half a second improvement, but still not as fast as my old GTR which was my goal for yesterday - 46.2something. Its an absolute hoot to drive though!

I've decided the slow speed corners are now the most challenging part for this car. I think I've got a pretty good handle on it in the 3rd gear loops now. Hard to judge when its going to get up on boost coming out of those low speed corners - not that its laggy, but you drop a bit below its boost threshold in 2nd gear in turn 1 and the hairpin. So you either come out of those turns with boost coming on strong just as you're straightening up or it comes on too early and you're just all over the place with wheelspin! Need to learn to judge that better and back off as you hear the boost building if its coming on too early. I feel I got that pretty right on the fastest run.

goal next time is to run consistently down around that 46.35 reigon, and maybe pick up another tenth or two with some good clean runs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:05 pm 

Well done on the top six Harry :)

just buy the same tyres that chris sloan is running and you will run a 45 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:01 am 

Brett, my spies tell me you made it to the come and try :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:58 am 

Jeff,

Your spies work well . . . I guess you'd know that I had a blast. :D Have a few small issues to sort out for the hill, but car should be good for next sprints.

Suffered from vaporisation and overheating, but that is something which will sort out.

Next on list of things to do . . speak with Ken at accurate about heavier rate springs . . . and source an LSD.

Brett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:59 am 

Engine hesitation is solved. ran a 49.07 on sunday, the track dried out pretty quickly after the morning rain.
It turned out to be fuel related, was probably running lean the whole time :roll:

come and try / test and tune is in February.

first hilllclimb looks to be in March.

poor group N EH rolled after the finish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:00 pm 

car broked :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:34 pm 

Wha happened Jeff ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:02 am 
Site Admin

sh*t Jeff, whats happened :?: :!:

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:38 pm 

I'll know when i pull the diff out but I have a sneaking suspicion that its the spline that comes out of the diff to drive the drivers side axle.
passenger side wheel has all the drive and drivers side has none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:52 pm 

You still running that locked diff?

I have a spare r180 locked with a 3.9 if its any good to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:06 am 

yeah still running the r180, but its a 4.875
hopefully i'll pull it out in the next couple of days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:08 pm 

I started pulling my car apart, it's broken the little output shaft that joins the diff to the drive shaft.
Shouldnt be too hard to find another one and easy to fix which is a bonus :)

[ img ]

[ img ]