Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: need help/info
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:51 pm 

hey ime currently doin up my 1600 almost finished but was wondering wer i could get new headlights and indicators and driving lights ect.. would ther be a place that sells complete units like lamps and brackets or would i try sumwer like coventrys just to get the lights but yer i have existing lights but to put it simply..ther sh!t also ime after window seals ect.. is there a place in baystwater or sumthing rarespares mabey that does rubber and lastly my steering box is worn can i get it reconed or should i try and find one of another car ie. datto

nehelp would b sik cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:23 pm 

I used rare spares for my Z window rubbers. About $120 each for front and back. They had to come from over east so a week or so wait. Good product though. I even looked into the USA for rubbers but this was just as cheap! 1600's may be a different story though.

i would say you can get your box reconed or get another from another 1600.

the 1600 boys should be able to help with the rest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:36 am 

hey
rare spares or clark rubber for all rubber seals, rare spares fit better.

head lights n hi beams can be bought from ne where, repco, covs, just normal sealed beams. u can get halogen kits, but dont have the classic look as the sealed look.

as for indicators maybe datsport have stock, or maybe nissan, some guys say can still get some stuff there, my originals were fine, so i cant vouch for that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:39 pm 

http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au is where i have been told to go, and will once i get to that stage for rubbers. and as for headlights why not go for the H4 upgrade from NARVA as they give better light and come in all sizes. i had a steering box how to once but i have lost it. post something in the suspension section about it and do a search i'm sure it will turn up something... :wink:

good luck buddy and post up some pics!