Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:38 pm 

Hey NISSANMAN Where do you get off slandering Baz.

chill out dude, I am sure he was only being facicious.......

You should check your dictionary. Baz has won a couple off state rally championships beating Lowe & ED Ordyndki, won heaps in a round Australia trial and many speedway Titles. He did most of the ground work on 1600 rally cars in the 70s was quick enough to beat a BDA with a L20B.

bully for him

How can you call him infamous? Famous is more like it. You owe him an apology.

Baz supplied me one of his first steering supports for my rally car & improved the steering out if sight, absolutely awsome. Steering braces are NOT all the same. Bazzas brace is much stronger than the maddat one. maddats is a TRACED COPY of the bottom part of the DATSPORT brace. So the maddat one is really a Datsport brace and only the easy to copy part.

so braces are NOT all the same yet according to you the maddat one is a copy, yeah that makes sense

Give credit where its due after all Baz designed the brace & not BADDAT COPYSPORT

are you on the datsport payroll or something??? you seem VERY VERY anti maddat and very pro datsport

anyway, this thread so far has had nothing but useful information, mostly from nissanman and THE FAMOUS barry.

so chill out or take it elsewhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:32 pm 

amen :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:17 pm 

godzilladat wrote:
amen :twisted:
DITTO
Hey Rumican
LOOKS LIKE TO ME THAT SOMEONE (rumican) NEEDS TO CHECK THE DICTIONARY FOR THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SLANDER AND FLATTERY AND THEN READ THE THREAD AGAIN. :roll: :oops: Than if you have the balls Applogise to NISSANMAN
That's my 2cents.
:twisted: so chill out or take it elsewhere :twisted:

[ img ]
76 180B Wagon FJ20e, LT8 -daily
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

GO HARD or GO HOME, GO SIDEWAYS or GO SQUARE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:48 pm 

Barry

With your kit, the fitting kit that is. What other bushes should be replaced in the front end of the car?

You use energy urethane right?

cheers

ps is there a bush between the idler arm and body in the 1600?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:02 pm 
Guru

Oh Heck! :oops:
Just read Rumicans post. Some people think they are doing the right thing without thinking about it. Hey graeme, I took the infamous thing as a compliment as you intended. I am sure I know who rimican is so will talk to him and explain the protocol. Thank to all the Guys that put him in his place.
AMEN.

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:11 pm 
Guru

HI Jimmy.
ALL the bushes required for the complete front end are included in the kit. (or should be). No others needed.
The steering idler & bracket should also have new bushes fitted to the idler & included in the Kit.
Hope the packer did not leave any out.
There is no bushes between the Idler bracket & the chassis just as the original.
We supply Noltec bushes with varying durometers (hardness) in our kits.
Bushes are harder & softer where required.

"R.I.P. Baz. 29 April 2022. Thank you for all your contributions to the Datsun community over the years. You will be missed." - OZDAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:31 pm 
Hi Barry, hope all is well :)
That is the trouble with forums, you are not face to face with anyone and misunderstanding can easily occur :x
I read today in a Zoom #64 magazine that the online forum that Julian Edgar had with his emag (Autospeed) was abandoned due to: -
"the administrators constantly facing potential legal problems due to slanderous and libellous postings by wankers with a grudge" :roll:
That is very sad when viewed from my perspective, considering that us relics are just trying to help the young guys with the benefit of our experience, such and varied as it is :?
Anyhoo, I'm sure we can ride this out :wink:
Personally speaking, I can only give advice on the experiences that I have had and the products I have used first hand.
I can not do anything more8)
Unless someone wants to pay me for a "Product Review", that is how it is :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:40 pm 
:roll:
I'm using adifferent PC tonight, the above post is from Nissanman :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:57 pm 

cheers barry

thanx for the info, I have been away on various ourses around the country so i have not had a chance to get home let alone sort out te brakes for the struts. As soon as I get the engine back together and into the car I will chase up the struts too.

Glad to hear you are flat out and cannot work on the PWR I/C setup, it means business is going ver well :)

all the best mate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:22 pm 
I cant beieve the amount of bitching that goes on in this site. Nissanman has made many helpful posts and Craig at Maddat is a top bloke who produces a lot of very fine products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:42 pm 

how about those roos eh??? :)

mate this site is actually pretty good compared to some sites I have seen.

try the dvd news group......JESUS H CHRIST what a bunch of wankers those people are.

I must say that this forum, the ozdat members group, sr20 trans and to a lesser extent datnet has a good group of regular people who RARELY resort to fighting or name calling. 90% of the posts from these sites is useful and made by the likes of graham, terry, pete L, Baz and others.

anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:15 pm 

sure beats trying to talk to the ###### on fast fours forum
(no offence intended) by the way did this thread run a little off the subject?