Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:42 pm 

go old school style buy the R31 with a rb20 in it :thumbsup: giddyup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:31 am 

Places like Import 101, Raheem Carwestech Trading Co, Prestige motorsports etc all import cars price's change has some guys are middle man or 3rd man ect ect and xchange rate but have a look at them places prestige want a grand up front for there fee and they guarentee they will find you the car you want

99% of the cars on skyline fourms are thrashed out with heaps of china mods and uni student buget for servicing

XR8 tow car
stocko 1200 ute

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:18 pm 

perthute wrote:
thrashed out with heaps of china mods and uni student budget
or budget mods and chinese uni students

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:26 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 am 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[ img ]
76 180B Wagon FJ20e, LT8 -daily
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

GO HARD or GO HOME, GO SIDEWAYS or GO SQUARE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:56 pm 

I imported my R32 GTS 3 years ago now, through Danny @ Imports101 with 30,000k's on the clock. Its now up to 73,000k's and turbocharged :)
Has not skipped a beat! Apart from normal servicing, I've only had to replace the battery and power steering belt (the pulley wasn't in alignment causing undue wear)
RB20's are tough, and really cheap. Which is a good thing. I'd be more concerned about body condition, accident history, getting the colour that you want (don't get metallic pearl white, its really expensive to repair scratches).
In terms of power figures, (unopened rb20's) 300rwhp motors will slowly die, 250rwhp is the sweet spot IMO.

Don't be afraid of importing a low k's car. Despite what people say, not every car is wound back. (Photo's, accident history, service history) can all help to confirm.
If you have your mind set on what you want exactly, leave your finder's fee with an import shop and they will find you exactly what you want.

That said, its a bloody buyers market in Perth!!!! I see so many skylines for sale which don't sell. And the price is constantly being dropped because they cant be sold. Wave cash in someone's face and you're going to get a bargain.

R32 problems that i know of...
Gear boxes aren't the strongest, the bearing on 1, 2, 3 are commonly noisy.
- It sounds like the gearbox is low on oil/like your in reverse all the time (straight cut), but you wont hear it in 4th and 5th.
The plastic vents weaken, then crack/fall apart.
Gearknob, gearstick boot, handbrake, handbrake boot, steering wheels get worn out by the japs.
rb20turbo is cr4p.
- s1 r33 turbo for 14psi, aftermarket for more. but at that stage you will need injectors at least.
- s2 r33 turbo for 10psi
nistunes are superb for the 20's. but don't technically run the 25's (there is a certain 300zx nistune'd ecu that will drive a 25)
the rb20 ecu's can be nistune'd. (instant fully reprogrammable ecu for less then 300)
oil pressure guages are never reliable. so dont count on that.
voltimetre gauges are almost as unreliable

cant really think of many common problems because i have never had any myself....
the coilpacks usually poo themselves.
afm's do too (can pick them up for $50)

if i were in the market for an r32 now, i'd either get a gts4 or a gtr.
r33 gts4's have taken my fancy, they come out non turbo but the 25de loves boost! (stories of easy 300awhp out of 14psi from a stock turbo)

etc etc
read sau for specific rb20 problems, but remember people only post because they have a problem. no one ever posts when things are running fine.